Tuesday, July 6, 2010

remembering who i am

I am an artist. I may be a teacher and a mentor and a student, but i feel it within every cell of my body--i will always be an artist first. If i had to choose one word to identify with, it would be artist. I see the beauty of this world, in nature, in people, in the air that we breathe, the quiet of sleeping children, the energy of discovery in life for all ages, it is all art. The sadness in everyday struggles for survival, the enthusiasm of shared accomplishments, they are all beautiful events that make this world so sometimes unbearably emotional to live in lol. I'll take it all, even the hard times like right now.

I can't pick and choose, but I can learn to accept, forgive and move forward. I've accepted how I tend to choose solitude, yet am very social. It drains me either way. I love both. I accept my poor memory, but it does not mean I can act carelessly because I will probably forget. I have just accepted it. Nothing more nothing less. I have accepted that I need to step it up to get into grad school. I've learned a multitude of tools to run a developmental center with my current job, but I need to be srs with my application for the next year. Sooner or later I'll need to work more than learn lol.

I saw Tegan and Sara, Tiesto videos today and the music, the bass, the loudness of it all!!!! reminded me that I am an artist, and I need to live like one. I cannot deny who I was born to be. Painting and drawing can do so much... because we have only so much wallspace to cover lol. I need to remember how to see this world in all its wonderous magic. I need to throw a few more items of clothes away, box some others for sentimental reasons and have an artist makeover :D YAY

No comments:

Post a Comment